Validity period: 11/03/2021 -
Duty Station: FINCA Azerbaijan Head Office
Position: Risk, Internal Control & Compliance Manager
Department: RISK, INTERNAL CONTROL & COMPLIANCE
The major purposes of the role are to establish, implement and enforce a robust risk management framework and systems (policies, processes and tools) covering the key risk families defined by FINCA’s Global Risk Management function. The Risk, Internal Control and Compliance Manager assists Management to create and maintain a sound risk and internal control environment within the agreed risk appetite determined by the subsidiary’s management board and approved by the Board of Directors. S/he will assist Management to improve the overall performance and activities of the FINCA subsidiary, and in making decisions on the issues of risk identification, analysis, mitigation and prevention. Working within the framework of the subsidiary’s regulatory requirements and in coordination with FINCA functional heads, the Risk, Internal Control and Compliance Manager will manage and monitor control activities and recommend corrective actions to remediate identified control deficiencies. S/he will also develop work plans in coordination with Management that are aligned with the subsidiary’s strategic and operational objectives and any requirements of external governance bodies.
- Support business in developing appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminating appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in the market/industry, laws, regulations, etc;
- Oversee and enforce risk management policies and established risk limits to close significant gaps in risk management capabilities (policy monitoring);
- Conduct analysis of operations of the subsidiary to identify risks and make recommendations for preventive actions;
- Complete timely investigation, analysis and reporting of compliance issues and/or instances of fraud which can negatively affect the Company’s operations and reputation;
- Manage evaluation of the possible risks (including third-party risks associated with vendor selection and management, as applicable) for the proposed projects, new products and services, processes and functions, set up and manage internal control tools and instruments during implementation;
- Support the implementation and execution of the responsibilities and activities articulated in the Internal Control Manual;
- Implement and support AML/KYC compliance and Fraud management directives;
- Reinforce subsidiary standards for a Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program. Collaborate with business process owners to ensure clear understanding and documentation of business processes, risk exposures, and control environments;
- Manage control activities and reporting of the subsidiary, including the monitoring, and reporting of progress against corrective action plans that address control deficiencies/findings identified by management risk and control self-assessment or internal/external audit activities;
- Provide an independent view of proposed business plans and appropriate reporting on risks identified to the Management;
- Support Management in ensuring compliance of Internal Control functional activities with the Charter/bylaws of the Company, policies, procedures, plans and agreements, decisions of Company’s governing bodies as well as headquarter and regional office supervisors;
- Manage regular evaluation process of all Company’s regulatory documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and efficiency;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly Risk reports for the subsidiary-level and FMH Board reporting;
- Supervise and monitor subsidiary Risk Management, Internal Control and Compliance staff;
- Support the training and development of subsidiary Risk and Internal Control staff, including AML/KYC compliance and Fraud Management responsibilities;
- Conduct periodic branch reviews of the operational and credit processes in accordance with the procedures described in the Internal Control Manual;
- Proactively engage the subsidiary management board to support key projects by providing insights that address inherent risks and residual risks after consideration of mitigating controls or other activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management or related fields of study; advanced or graduate-level degree is desirable;
- Additional qualification/certification in Risk Management, AML/KYC Compliance & Internal Control is preferred.
- At-least 5 years’ experience in practical banking and/or microfinance operations (can be credit, operations, audit, client-facing roles and/or risk management/internal control – any combination of experience);
- Experience of leading a team is required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong business acumen;
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills;
- Decision-making skills;
- Strong Critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Strong understanding of ERM and/or internal controls framework (e.g. COSO);
- Conceptual skills including ability to adopt a horizontal portfolio approach of ERM;
- Strategic planning and project management skills.
- Fluency in Azerbaijani and English is required.
- Ability to travel to periodic regional and/or global conferences and visit branches within the country.
İf you meet the requirements above and are confident that your background and experience qualifies you for this position, please click here to apply: https://bit.ly/2NaPKHu