Validity period: 09/02/2022 - 18/02/2022
Duty Station: FINCA Azerbaijan Head Office
Position: SENIOR FINANCE EXECUTIVE (TAX, ACCOUNTING & BUDGETING) Finance department
Currently, FINCA Azerbaijan Non-Bank Credit Organization is looking for
SENIOR FINANCE EXECUTIVE (TAX, ACCOUNTING & BUDGETING) Finance department
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: Baku, FINCA Azerbaijan Head Office
About the Position
The position holder of this managerial role will be managing Accounting and Budgeting processes and the team in the company with the responsibility for controlling Corporate Tax matters also.
S/He will also be a support in Strategic Planning and related Projects including but not limited to Product Pricing, Branch Expansion, New Product Development, alternative Delivery Channels,
It is required also that Senior Finance Executive will be able to assist in the ongoing Asset-Liability Management and any other activity as requested.
What are the major duties of the Position Holder?
- Financial Analysis
- Business and Financial analysis including review of financial statements, various ratios, and trend analysis to support management and board decisions
- Prepare presentations for management board and supervisory board, reflecting business and financial performance updates on a periodic basis
- Conduct rigorous cost/price analysis on the Company’s products, processes, and branches, suggest changes to management
- Actively support CFO in annual planning/budgeting of the company
- Preparing monthly rolling forecasts and projected cash flows for the Company on a monthly basis
- Supervise budget management and cost control function and inform CFO in case of major deviations from budget
- Oversee accounting functions activities, their effectiveness, and efficiency
- Work with Unit head of various areas of the function for improvement and automation
- Review and Ensure periodic submission of all tax returns including but not limited to WHT, VAT, and annual Income tax return (PTR)
- Well informed about any changes in tax laws/regulations and updated CFO in a timely manner to take further steps for implementation.
- Liaison with tax authorities in getting guidance
- Policies and Procedures
- Assist the CFO to maintain the FINCA Azerbaijan Finance & Accounting Manual and prepare updated versions as necessary
- Ensure all financial activities comply with FINCA’s global standards and local regulations
Our expectations from the candidate
- Education Background: professional degree in Finance (Qualified/Partly Qualified) ACCA/CPA or equivalent
- Work Experience: at least 7-10 years of work experience at Senior Finance position in Financial sector, Audit Firms would be a preference
- Knowledge: substantial knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, and Local Accounting Standards
- Knowledge: advanced level of Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Skills: demonstrable skills as a Self-Starter, autonomous Project Management
- Languages: Azerbaijani – fluent; English – proven Intermediate level
- Visionary Leadership –
Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
- Change Management –
Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Managing People –
Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen –
Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Chief Financial Officer (direct report to)
- Subsidiary country CEO
- Subsidiary Management Team & Board
- Regional & Subsidiary Tax, Budgeting & Accounting team
- Global Finance team
- Local Tax Authorities & Regulators
If this role seems interesting for you and you feel curious and excited about working in a growth environment for a company with global standards and well-educated staff, taking ownership and responsibility within this particular role then click below to apply via the ‘Application Form’ button, upload your resume no later than by 18th of February, 2022 (end of day).
Alternatively, you can directly contact FINCA Azerbaijan HR responsible for this position to answer your questions and give a detailed explanation via email@example.com
About FINCA Azerbaijan
Launched in 1998, FINCA Azerbaijan is part of FINCA Impact Finance’s global network of 19 bank and microfinance institutions that profitably and responsibly provides impactful financial services to enable low-income individuals and communities to invest in their futures. As a leading microfinance institution in Azerbaijan, FINCA Azerbaijan’s objective is to increase access to finance for micro and small entrepreneurs, with a special focus on the agriculture sector.